At Kid City Smiles, we provide traditional crowns for a variety of dental procedures, including root canals and cavity repair. There are also other dental conditions that might require a dental crown, such as the following:
- Cracked or chipped teeth.
- Broken and damaged teeth.
- Badly discolored teeth that cannot be whitened with whiteners.
- Misshapen teeth that might be affecting how you bite and chew food.
- Teeth damaged by tooth decay.
The crown, which is also called a “cap,” is cemented to an existing tooth to hold it in place. A crown can be made of porcelain, metal or a combination of both materials. Due to its natural look and strength, porcelain is the preferred choice for dental crowns. In fact, there are many benefits associated with dental crowns in general:
- Restoration of badly damaged teeth that cannot be fixed with veneers.
- Protection of exposed tooth nerves following root canal therapy.
- Reinforcement of teeth damaged by trauma.
- Reinforcement of teeth left partially intact after the treatment of cavities.
- To conceal and improve discolored teeth. An added benefit here is that porcelain crowns are difficult to stain.
- Help fix your bite, which could help you to properly chew food.
If you or your child are recommended for a dental crown, an impression will be made of your teeth to assure the best fit for the crown. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory where the dental crown will be made specifically for you or your child. A good dental crown fit means a comfortable and long-lasting dental crown fit.
A dental crown just might be the best option for your dental situation, but that can only be determined after an examination. At Kid City Smiles, we are here to provide you with dental care that fits yours or your child specific needs!